Thursday, December 18, 2008

A Gingerbread House and a Snow Day

Well, we have been busy lately getting ready for Christmas, the car breaking down in Vegas (of course when I am driving it) and one heck of a snow storm!!!


Here are a couple pictures of our Gingerbread House




Can you tell Lane is a little excited to decorate the house and eat some candy!!!Look at those faces!!!I am not sure if it will show up but look at the right side of Rich's face , see any green frosting??!!


We told the kids if they would hurry up and take a shower and eat dinner, we would decorate the gingerbread house. It worked GREAT!! I think it was the fastest they have ever eaten and taken showers.


So here are a couple of shots of the snow and the kids.






Ellie making a snow angel.




This is our walk way to the front door. And no this is not me with any funny angles playing with the camera it is VERY steep. It is FABULOUS when there is ice or snow the kids and the neighbor kids LOVE to slide down it.This is Alan's skateboard he left out. Thats a lot of snow?




See my door, Rich just painted it red. I LOVE it!!! Some of the neighbors asked if we did it for Christmas. I have ALWAYS wanted a red door. Look at our light up deer. Rich wants to have a heard out front eventially. So every year we are going to add two more. He almost killed himself a couple of years ago putting up lights on the house so he said he WILL NOT put them up ever again on this house. (darn it) I tried to tell him he is fine now but no go............







Do you like this one??? Don't think Alan didn't hit Lisa with that snowball. She was pretty upset!!! This was taken last night when the snow first started.




Hey did you know that when it snows AND when you have trees that don't loose their leaves they need to be shaked or they break..............hummm we didn't know that!!!




The Taylors lost yet another tree!!! We (well, Rich) have the worst luck with trees. We have had to replace so many trees around here usually from the wind but now the snow. Poor Rich.



Here is Ellie taking a moment with the snowman that Rich helped her make. Hey, around here you never know when you might see snow again.


Here is a shot of Rich. And my door. Oh!!! and the wreath Aunt Linda made!!! See that skruff on Rich's face this what he does when he is off for over a week.........He goes back tomorrow!!! (wink)

The kids were off today, it was a snow day. They are REALLY hoping for another storm tonight but I am not sure they are going to get so lucky..........

So I hope everyone is almost ready for Christmas and healthy.

Much love,

Sherrie

3 comments:

Patrick and Tawnee said...

AWESOME pictures! I keep trying to post, but nothing ever shows up. Oh well, please know that I look at your blog every day! The family looks so happy and I LOVE the red door!

Patrick and Tawnee said...

Me again,
Hey, did you see the Twilight Before Christmas doo-hickey on my blog? I thought you might get a chuckle from it! Scroll all the way down...

Brown Family said...

You have such a cute family!