Thursday, July 30, 2009

Hawaii and Ellie's Birthday!!!


Here are the first pictures of our trip.
See what a little Dramamine will do to a boy who won't take naps (wink)..........

the older kids sure liked the plane ride....

this is the first day,because of the HUGE time difference(Hawaii is 4 hours earlier) we were all up way early even though we came in late (the plane was late because a little girl got sick on the plane so after flying for at least an hour over the ocean we had turn around so she could go to a LA hospital) we went and played in the ocean.....





THEN a little later that day we went for a drive and stumbled across the LDS Temple!!!!

What an awesome surprise!!!


Can you see Lane in this picture??? Yup,thats him throwing flower petals he was collecting in the air!!! The VERY nice lady taking the picture was like did you want him in the picture doing that or do you want another picture? I have to say he had PERFECT timing...see the petals....

We chose for another picture......

What an emotional visit for Rich and I.....the spirit was so strong there and I NEVER thought I would ever see THIS temple. We went into the visitor center and they gave us a little tour and we saw a few videos we all got to see a testimony from an Apostal and a story about being a family forever and all I have to say is our family sure needed this. This experience is something I will NEVER forget!!

Check out Miss Ellie on Her 7th Birthday!!! Who wouldn't want to spend their birthday in paradise??


We bought this cake at Ted's Bakery right around the corner here(a very well know place around here). It was pretty good...Chocolate cake with coconut pudding and chocolate shavimgs on the outside...Ellie picked it out, nice choice huh??



Today we slept in a little later well 6:30 and headed back to the beach for a few hours and then off again to get shaved ice, this place is VERY well know....



Let me tell you I had some very happy children,well, very happy parents also. The shaved ice's here are so different than Utah ,this is a true shaved ice!!!


Here are a few pictures from the beach once again, Ellie is a nut playing in the ocean,lets just say this girl can get sand in places sand should not be.....


Lane trying to catch a wave.....

Did you ever see The Night at the Museum? well, Lane wanted Rich to make the "Hey dumb dumb,give me gum gum" guy.........And last but not least those are my feet with sand on them just relaxing on the beach thinking of each and everyone of my friends and family wishing they were here with me!! Are you jealous??? It sure is nice here and VERY humid we don't have air conditioning here in the home we are renting and man it is HOT!!!! But I am surviving.Aloha,Sherrie

3 comments:

Patrick and Tawnee said...

AWESOME Photos!!! Enjoy and Relax (like I need to tell you to enjoy and relax!!!) I'm so happy for you! What a summer vacation!!! Lucky girl!

Jennw6kids said...

I am so excited for you guys, what an amazing experiance!! Hawaii is just amazing, enjoy every minute of it, remember you can sleep when you get back, dont waste a second!!

Julie Smith said...

I am glad that you are hitting lots of cool places. It brings back lots of memories for us! We wish we were there too!