Sunday, February 22, 2009

Tawnee this is for YOU!!!

I have been asked a few times for the directions to my silhouettes that I did of my kids on my last post so I am going to try and explain ...................

1. I took close ups of my children from the side.
You can either have them developed or I just printed mine on the computer and they just happened to come out 8X10 wooo hoooo just what I wanted!!! (you ALL know if I use the computer and something turns out the way I wanted, it was TOTALLY an accident) LOL
2. I then took my handy Exacto (favorite tool) on a piece of glass and cut out(traced) their profile
3. On some of the directions I have people colored them with either paint or a Sharpie black but since I had a black frame already I kept mine white and just put them in my frame.

Now is that not EASY!!!
I can't believe how fast it was to cut out . It was done in no time. I love them and not one of my kids said anything about Lane's head being big but...........................Rich!!! LOL LOL
I still have not yet found a place for it. I really am thinking about putting each one in their own frame and matting it with white and coloring their silhouette black but for now I will keep it this way.
If anyone has any questions please e-mail me. I am hoping my explaination was OK............
Whenn it is up I blog a picture!!!
Much love, Sherrie

3 comments:

Patrick and Tawnee said...

lehThank You, Thank You, Thank You!!!

YOU ARE THE BEST!!!!

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Hi Sherry,
Just answering your question...the mini garland I used on my SPRING banner came from JoAnn's on the aisle where they sell glitter and pipe cleaners. I LOVE it! And it's way cheap, like .99 or 1.99. Hope that helps. : )

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Just popped back in to say how kind it was of you to share this information. Thanks so much!