Wednesday, March 11, 2009

OK, I'm back with a long post....

Well, we have been pretty busy so let me get started..................



Anyone that knows my husband knows how talented he is so check this out...........he still amazes me daily................


Yup, he built this awesome entertainment center for us. Rich didn't like the way he built the shelving unit when he finished the basement, it had been bothering him for a couple of years so this is what he came up with. I LOVE it and I expecially liked that I had a new area to decorate!!Notice the silhouettes, perfect place huh?


Rich raced in the Rhino Rally with his motorcycle weekend before last and placed 4th in his class!! The last time he raced I was pregnant with Alan 12 years ago,

Way to go punkin!!!

We took the kids riding on Saturday and I haven't been able to see Lane on his 4-wheeler or Ellie on her motorcycle, they were too happy to show me their "skills"...........



Lane tried riding Ellie's motorcycle but did a wheelie so................I think it is going to be a while before he gets back on it again!!! (wink)


What a sister Lisa is she helped get Lane out of a little rut, too cute huh? (she does like him, LOL)



I have always liked seeing two riders talk when they take a little break. I am assuming it is where to go next, where is the biggest jump who went the highest and so on, so when I saw Lisa and Alan having a little chat I had to take this picture


Alan doing a donut with Ellie's 50.........(eye roll) ;)


Alan with all his favorite things....motorcycle gear from riding his motorcycle and his gun what else does a 11 year old boy need.


I have to say I am so proud of the young man Alan is turning into, today a boy said a bad word to a friend of Lisa's and Alan told him that if he wants to talk like that he won't play with him. It makes me happy that Rich and I are doing something right, that Alan is making good choices and growing into such a great young man. I love ya buddy!!!

Ok this is so cute....... The kids wanted to race, Alan is on Ellie's little 50 (to make it fair.. again eye roll) and Ellie is on Lanes 4-wheeler ,see the smoke, revving(sp?) their motors!!!


Want to see who wins...................My GIRL!!!!! WhooooHooooooo I am not to sure it was fair but......she WON!!!!LOL
Here are a couple of Easter things I have done to the house






This is my deal of the year!!!! I bought this china hutch at a consignment/thrift store and I LOVE it!!! I was going to paint it white to match the furniture in the basement but..........I REALLY like it in the dining room with my milk glass. It needs a little TLC beacuse the last person who painted it did a terrible job but it is so cute!!!
So as you can tell we have been a little busy. All the kids are doing great and healthy. OH and I must say "HAPPY BIRTHDAY "mom. The kids sure miss you and would LOVE a visit.......Lane still wants to come to your birthday party and thinks we didn't get invited because we didn't go.........he needs a Grammie hug and kiss!!!! (well, they all do) and since I don't have a recent picture here is a old one.........so sorry, but I really like this picture,who wouldn't you have funnel cake!!!! LOLMuch love, Sherrie

6 comments:

cherry said...

Wow your dh is very talented..you lucky gal you! I can see we have some of the same milk glass pieces. Ok as for the cake stand..you need some type of large finial piece (I am guessing you dh could make one) and a wood round circle...like the premade clock pieces you can buy. Lowes also carries them. You simply cut the finial so it is flat across the top and hot glue the two together....since I read up that you love to scrap book you got that covered rofl. I used my cricut cricket to make the scallops. Hope this helps :)Let me know if you need any other info. cherry

cherry said...

ohhh forgot love DAve matthews..have the same songs on my playlist. cherry

Patrick and Tawnee said...

Oh my gosh, Cherry's Jubilee writes to you? LUCKY!!! You are
FAMOUS!!!
I love the new entertainment center! I love the photos of the kids and I LOVE all the cute decorations and peeks into your gorgeous home!!!!
Tawnee

cherry said...

Heyyy there I used the plantin schoolbook. Remember if you make one...you must let me know.. Can't wait to see girl!

The Gibsons said...

ok Sherrie, do you want to just come over and redue my entire house. I love your decorating skills and loved what your husband made. He seems very talented.

jen said...

Love your china hutch!! Your spring decor looks great too!!

Jen